Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
ssimon2000
ssimon2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Cool Calibre suggestion

Good evening, everybody!
I'm really enjoying the usefulness of calibre; it is really helping me get a handle on my mess of a library. As I load in book after book, I've come to realize there are some "improvements", well, additions, I'd like to see:

1. I've figured out out to use the py scripts when I import (on the advanced tab in the settings), and this is a real time-saver. But as I switch back and forth between files names that are "author-title" and those that are "author-series-##-title", I have to copy-and-paste the new script each time (or hand-jam them). Would it be possible to have select-boxes for those pieces of metadata that are part of the file name? That way, rather than copy/paste/remove, the end-user can simply select the pieces he needs.

2. Give the option to delete specific formats of the books with a drop-down similar to the "add books" and "edit meta information" buttons on the toolbar.

Thanks!
Steve
Oklahoma City
ssimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimon2000 View Post
2. Give the option to delete specific formats of the books with a drop-down similar to the "add books" and "edit meta information" buttons on the toolbar.
You can do that now in the edit meta information screen. Just select the format you want to delete and click the delete icon (or for multiple books, use the "remove format" option on the bulk edit dialog). Or are you just looking for a new way to access that function?

Last edited by bwaldron; 02-28-2009 at 09:09 PM.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
My impression of the OP's request is that he wants to be able to
  1. Select a bunch of books by highlighting them in the list of books
  2. Pull down a control that says something like "delete formats"
  3. Choose a format (PDF, for example)
Then Calibre would remove the PDF format (if present) from all the selected books.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Other than the fact that the facility is a sub-set of the dialog for bulk editing of Metadata rather than being a dialog dedicated to just this capability that is exactly what is already available.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote