Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
madeirabhoy
madeirabhoy began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
how can I swap authors to first name surname instead of surname,first name

im questioning myself trying to remember as im sure up til recently my authors list was first name surname.

not sure if I accidentally changed it or im confused, but its surname, first name and I don't like that, plus most of the books ive imported recently have imported as first name surname so ive got authors listed twice now.

so for example I have both Louise doughty and doughty, Louise

how can I change it all to be first name surname?

thanks
madeirabhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeirabhoy View Post
how can I change it all to be first name surname?
Install the Quality Check plugin, if you haven't already.

Check Metadata -> Check authors with commas
Control-A
Fix -> Swap author FN LN <-> LN, FN
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you ever upgrade from that Palm TX to a Kindle you may want to set them up as surname, given name since the stupid Kindle doesn't do anything intelligent with the names. On the other hand, the Kobo does, so for it you'll want them as given name, surname (but no comma).
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote