Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 03:12 AM   #1
Raene
Raene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchforkRaene can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle
Problem with title formatting when using send to device.

I've been using the send to device option to output files to my auto-synced OneDrive folder and I've been successful in getting the output structure how I want it with a customized template. I only have one problem, which is that any titles that starts with The are being outputted as sort style with the trailing ", The" instead of The Whatever. Is the only way to stop this to set my library to strictly alphabetical instead of library order (I'd rather not, but will if I have to), or is there something else I'm missing (totally possible, and hopefully)?

Edit: Nevermind! I (of course) finally managed to stumble across my answer immediately after posting this. For anyone else who might have this issue, under Preferences -> Tweaks is "Control formatting of title and series when used in templates". It was set to library_order, changed to strictly_alphabetic. So, library order in Calibre, alphabetic when sent to device. Yay!

Last edited by Raene; 03-11-2018 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Answered my own question.
Raene is offline   Reply With Quote