Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #1
DVdm
Enthusiast
DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (mark 5)
Bad translation of "Dot all"

In the Dutch version of Calibre, the search/replace option "Dot all" is tranlated as "Alles aanstippen", which is a literal translation, meaning "Go and put a dot next to everything"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dot all.png
Views:	66
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	204961
The option makes sure that in a regex the dot matches all characters, including line feeds and carriage returns, which it normally does not.
So the translation should be like "Punt matcht alles" or something.
Not a big deal, but just to let you know

Last edited by DVdm; 11-28-2023 at 02:12 PM. Reason: copy edit
DVdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 10:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Translations are user contributed, you can change it yourself and give other dutch trranlsators a chance to review see https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved the section about translations.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 10:40 AM   #3
DVdm
Enthusiast
DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.DVdm knows what's going on.

Thanks!
I signed up for an open source Transifex account.
Waiting for approval...
Old 11-30-2023, 02:25 AM   #4
DVdm
Enthusiast

Ok, I guess yesterday I found a way to propose a change.
Today the suggestion seems to be still there:

Name:	Dot all transifex.png
Views:	70
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	204980

No idea what's next.
I guess I'll find out with some next release?
Old 11-30-2023, 03:02 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the change will be in the next calibre release.
Old 11-30-2023, 04:39 AM   #6
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVdm View Post
Ok, I guess yesterday I found a way to propose a change.
Today the suggestion seems to be still there:
Attachment 204980

No idea what's next.
I guess I'll find out with some next release?
Your screenshot says "Punt match alles" instead of "Punt matcht alles". Letter "t" is missing. I think another correction is needed. Otherwise the meaning is rather unclear.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:33 AM   #7
DVdm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Your screenshot says "Punt match alles" instead of "Punt matcht alles". Letter "t" is missing. I think another correction is needed. Otherwise the meaning is rather unclear.
Oei!
amended now:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1701340395
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dot all transifex with T.png
Views:	58
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	204982  

Last edited by DVdm; 11-30-2023 at 05:34 AM. Reason: (sp)
Old 12-15-2023, 09:13 AM   #8
DVdm
Enthusiast

Done!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1702649684

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DotAll.png
Views:	56
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	205211  

Last edited by DVdm; 12-15-2023 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Attach image
Old 12-15-2023, 09:47 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks!

Tags
editor text regex dot