Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2024, 12:28 AM   #16
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
Use the largest pro iPhone. I read pdf's on mine all the time. Advantages: an OLED screen, ability to zoom in and out effortlessly, ability to mark up text that can be transferred to your computer or iPad (marking up text is especially easy on the iPad), ability to carry it around, and (with a good case) protection from breaking. I use my iPhone pro 13 max all the time to read pdf's -- it works pretty well, though obviously a larger screen would be advantageous. Can't speak to vision issues -- I find the OLED screen very comfortable. I think even the new Elipsa is much too slow for your purposes. I use PDF Expert on the iPhone, iPad and Mac. I had a Boox but did not care for NeoReader.
\
I also have an iPhone pro max and I read my PDF travel guides on mine. The screen is so sharp that reading on this zoom factor is easy for me.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 07:51 PM   #17
shyhermit
shyhermit began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you again to all of the above posters who commented to offer advice. Much appreciated.

I got a chance to check out the Kobo Clara Colour and the Kobo Libra Colour at my local store. Surprised to find that the Kobo Libra Colour can actually fit into my lab coat pocket. May end up trying the Libra Colour instead given the bigger screen as suggested by this community as a better option for PDF reading.
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote