Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2023, 03:15 AM   #16
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you, now it works fine, i have to test it a while.
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:11 AM   #17
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
Thank you, now it works fine, i have to test it a while.
I'm happy it works now. Feel free to give feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For 1.1, do you plan to support edited patches? So we can keep track of patches edited and what was done with the edits?
Can you explain what exactly you mean? Display a history of changes?
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 05:42 AM   #18
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Thank you! Seems to work well. Not that I actually feel I need any of these patches but I like to tinker.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:25 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommalka View Post
Can you explain what exactly you mean? Display a history of changes?
If we edit any of the patches, a history of what patches and the changes.

It would also be good to be able to have the old changed patches compared to the new unchanged versions so we can see what needs to be done again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:03 AM   #20
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Quote:
Please try the new version 1.0.1, in which the problem should be fixed!
Confirmed, I no longer get the same error

I'll check out and test the whole package later today, but in the meanwhile, thank you
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 08:41 AM   #21
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
On Windows 10, I'm getting this error for both the msi install and the portable version. The install seems to work and the portable extracts, but neither will run.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kerror.png
Views:	188
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	200072
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:17 PM   #22
PetBest
PetBest began at the beginning.

EXCELLENT GUI.
Works fine on Windows 11.
I unzipped KoboPatchFan-1.0.1-win-amd64-3.10.zip and started KoboPatchFan.exe

Is it possible to keep the settings of the enabled patches cross Kobo update versions?
When I changed a version I had to check all patches again...
PetBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 04:45 AM   #23
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
On Windows 10, I'm getting this error for both the msi install and the portable version. The install seems to work and the portable extracts, but neither will run.

Attachment 200072
The error message says that the module "QtWidets" is missing, but that can't really be. I suspect that a dependency is missing on your system.

Could you install the following build (msi installer) and tell me if KoboPatchFan starts?
Download: KoboPatchFan-1.0.1.1_msvcr-win64.msi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetBest View Post
Is it possible to keep the settings of the enabled patches cross Kobo update versions?
When I changed a version I had to check all patches again...
No, unfortunately this is not possible in version 1.0.1, unless you work manually with kobopatch.yaml. However, I am planning to support this in the future.

Last edited by Tommalka; 03-04-2023 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:59 AM   #24
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
Confirmed, I no longer get the same error

I'll check out and test the whole package later today, but in the meanwhile, thank you
I have successfully patched the latest firmware, and it worked great
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #25
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Quote:
The error message says that the module "QtWidets" is missing, but that can't really be. I suspect that a dependency is missing on your system.

Could you install the following build (msi installer) and tell me if KoboPatchFan starts?
Download: KoboPatchFan-1.0.1.1_msvcr-win64.msi
Yes, that worked! Thanks.

For some reason I am not able to change the working directories, though.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:16 AM   #26
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Yes, that worked! Thanks.

For some reason I am not able to change the working directories, though.
I don't really need it, I'm fine copying and pasting from the old kobopatch.yaml into the new one. But I like to experiment, I tried it and I think it is a good idea. It works on Linux (Kubuntu 22.04), I also am not able to change the working directories.
ps67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 06:13 AM   #27
Leilu
Leilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kobo Libra 2
Hi,

I think I just bricked my Libra 2 with this.

I thought this software recognized the firmware of my e-reader so I left it in 4.29 when it was surely more up to date.

Now my kobo considers that I have no battery and does not charge. I can't turn it on long enough to connect it to the PC.
Leilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:26 AM   #28
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilu View Post
Hi,

I think I just bricked my Libra 2 with this.

I thought this software recognized the firmware of my e-reader so I left it in 4.29 when it was surely more up to date.

Now my kobo considers that I have no battery and does not charge. I can't turn it on long enough to connect it to the PC.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Of course KoboPatchFan does NOT automatically detect the firmware on your device, you have to select it yourself. That's why I wrote under the Start button that you have to select firmware and Kobo device correctly. And that's also why there is a Verify block, and the "Current target firmware:" text at the very bottom.. Well, I will add a "Are you sure" message before Start and Run.

I think it's best to open a separate thread with your problem, because I can't really help you with that ):
Old 03-05-2023, 09:02 AM   #29
Leilu
Leilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kobo Libra 2
I managed to fix my mistake.
I did a factory reset on my e-reader and just finished putting everything back in order, I think.
Leilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 07:37 AM   #30
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Here comes KoboPatchFan v1.1!

In version 1.1, it is now possible to keep the selected patches across Kobo/patch versions. When a new patch version is downloaded, you no longer need to reselect all the patches, but simply use the ones you have previously saved ("backup patches").
This works via the kobopatch.yaml file included with each patch.
  • You can backup patches in the "(2) Select patches" tab by clicking the "Backup selection" button. This will write the selected patches to a secure kobopatch.yaml file under ./kobopatch_save. Note that you have to do this for each file/tab (nickel, libnickel, librmsdk, libadobe).
  • Enable, disable or delete the backup patches in a new tab called "Backup-Patches"
    Spoiler:
  • In the tab "(3) Generate patch", a checkbox called "Use Backup-Patches" must be set if the backup patches are to be used.

(So if you already have your own kobopatch.yaml configuration, you need to copy it to ./KoboPatchFan/kobopatch_save/kobopatch.yaml, NOT to the root directory of the KoboPatchFan working folder. You can see the exact location (path) in the Backup-Patches tab.)

Download: See first post

Last edited by Tommalka; 09-23-2023 at 07:01 PM.