Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Smile Will amazon release another cheaper version of DX in the near future

I just bought the nook and returned it after I saw the kindle 3 release and

reading pdf in the small screen is painful.

But the DX is too expansive to me. Should I better wait a little bit for a new

cheaper version?

If I buy a refurb DX, where can I buy one? I never buy things online here in the

U.S.
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest that you look on eBay.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
GermanBookworm
Enthusiast
GermanBookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
the DX just got cheaper with the newset generation.
so there probably will be no price change in near future.

ebay is your friend ;-)
GermanBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
thank u guys

i just searched ebay and found some deal for about $2xx

how can i tell it's scam or not?

or any one who knows a reliable store?
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Check their approval rating and number of sales. If they have only sold a few items, then beware. If they have an approval rating below 99% beware. Read what those who did business state about them. Unfortunately, you are still taking a chance, but look for any indicators that make you question their honesty.
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I think we will see a price cut in the DX model. It all depends on what the competition comes up with. For example, if Sony and/or Asus suddenly release a large display model with good PDF support and set the price at $300 US, Amazon will be forced to lower the DX to match. As long as the DX remains king of its hill, there will probably be no price reduction. Another possibility is that the technology gets old. If the technology gets old, the price will need to be reduced since there would be better and newer devices for less money. An unlikely event such as Apple lowering the price of their entry iPad to $400 US would also force Amazon to lower the price of the DX.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Ask for the serial number. Call Amazon CS and ask if they device has been reported as lost or stolen.

Another thing to look for is if the seller ahs the box, the manuals, and the cords that the DX came with.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote