Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 01:31 PM   #1
icaros
icaros began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Compressed jpg's uncompress on next "edit ebook"

I always compress images to keep epub filesize small. That works fine. However, the next time I select "edit ebook" Calibre goes and replaces the compressed image with the uncompressed calibre cover.jpg - without asking or giving me an option not to.

Is there a method to avoid this behaviour? I have tons of epubs and edit them a lot, so it often happens that I end up with a larger than wanted file.

Or is there a way to easily (automatically) have the compressed epub cover image to be used for the calibre cover.jpg?

win10 calibre 2.79

edit:
Can't find a way to delete this post. I found a setting in the "edit book" preferences under "integration" and untick "update metadata..."

Last edited by icaros; 02-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.
icaros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jpg image compress