Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #1
Timucin
Timucin began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3 / Paperwhite 4
New PC, new Calibre with old library backup

Hi, I once used Calibre in another PC. Now I just installed 6.7 version. I have about 1000 e book backed up with Calibre. Now I want to load these books but not my previous Calibre layout settings. I want a new Calibre with all aspects but only with my these bucked up books. When I import them as far as I understand the previous settings comes back as well. I don't want this. I want clear first installed Calibre. How to do this? Thanks in advance.
Timucin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timucin View Post
Hi, I once used Calibre in another PC. Now I just installed 6.7 version. I have about 1000 e book backed up with Calibre. Now I want to load these books but not my previous Calibre layout settings. I want a new Calibre with all aspects but only with my these bucked up books. When I import them as far as I understand the previous settings comes back as well. I don't want this. I want clear first installed Calibre. How to do this? Thanks in advance.
Copy your library folder over to your new PC. Then point Calibre to it (Library icon -> Switch/create library -> Use the previously existing library at the new location. Navigate to the location your library is now and select the library folder.

Note that some settings and the book metadata still carry over this way. If you don't want any data to carry over, you'll have to use Add books to add the files from your backup.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert