Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Calibre Library Backup

What is the point of making it impossible to backup/export my Calibre library unless the target directory is empty?

I have deleted the contents of a folder that I want to export my library to, and Calibre is still telling me that I need an empty directory. So, what is the problem?
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Assuming you use Windows, I would take a stab and guess that the directory is not really empty; you just think it is. Your Windows Explorer settings might be configured to "hide" system and hidden files, so you don't see the system and/or hidden files that Calibre sees. Easy to fix. Simply delete the entire directory, and then recreate it.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert