Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 10:58 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
(unfortunately I just noticed the seller doesn't show in the screenshot I'd taken)
Yes, it does.

Look right below 'Buy It Now'

The seller is BJHKKJB as Ships from and Sold By
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:11 PM   #17
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yes, it does.

Look right below 'Buy It Now'

The seller is BJHKKJB as Ships from and Sold By
wow, I missed that.

I swear I saw BlueProton in the frame to the right of the screen also selling for $119 at that time...

Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 06:32 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've never had a problem with Amazon when returning anything sold by a third party seller.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:33 AM   #19
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Two different vendors? Amazon often uses the same product listing linked to "other sellers".
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:57 AM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I swear I saw BlueProton in the frame to the right of the screen also selling for $119 at that time...
Blue Proton was probably a little further down (on the right side) as another seller of the Libra 2.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never had a problem with Amazon when returning anything sold by a third party seller.
I have. That's why I now check out the sellers closely before I buy anything on Amazon from someone I don't know.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:10 AM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Two different vendors? Amazon often uses the same product listing linked to "other sellers".
I'm pretty sure that's what happened. And it's back up again. I've taken a screenshot showing Blue Proton as another seller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	119b.png
Views:	243
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	197902  
Old 11-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It is possible to "return" to amazon something shipped by a third party? (As opposed to "fullfilled by amazon".)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:14 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It is possible to "return" to amazon something shipped by a third party? (As opposed to "fullfilled by amazon".)
Yes it is. I would use a credit card to pay so you have some protection if needed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:58 PM   #25
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
So, I was in the mood to buy the Kobo Libra 2, even at the full price, and decided to buy from Amazon because they would deliver it sooner.

Amazon delivered the package a while ago and opening it, I found a 15" wooden bridge candle holder. The package was marked as containing lithium batteries.

In my mind, I'm trying to connect it somehow to the original $119 offer, the seller of which was so vague. Looking at the Amazon site it looks a little vague as to where the item is coming from. An elaborate scam?

I note that the reader is $20 off everywhere, and would advise any potential buyers not to buy from Amazon.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
When buying from Amazon, I always look for:

Ships from Amazon / Sold by Amazon

The only time I'll buy from a third party is when they're a well known company. I want Amazon involved in the transaction in case things go south.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #27
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
So I'm waiting on the review of the candle holder.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:41 PM   #28
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
...Amazon delivered the package a while ago and opening it, I found a 15" wooden bridge candle holder. The package was marked as containing lithium batteries. ...
Was this from the seller advertising Libra 2s at $120 and $100?
Old 11-22-2022, 11:50 PM   #29
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So I'm waiting on the review of the candle holder.
I didn’t know what it was until a friend told me that it was a device to hold candles. I thought it odd that you would put candles on something that would burn, but. Maybe a religious thing?

Jim
Old 11-22-2022, 11:52 PM   #30
Strether
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Was this from the seller advertising Libra 2s at $120 and $100?
You have the same suspicious mind that I have. I just can’t figure out how it got in an Amazon box.

Jim