View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:33 PM   #15
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Oh, I didn't know that. Amazon is really trying to get us into their ecosystem.

That means I will not be able to update the Kindle? But, as I understand all these ebooks and ereaders thing (and Calibre), it doesn't matter what I have on my ereader. I mean, I upload a book via USB and read it. When finished, I leave it on ereader, but don't bother with it any more.

Calibre is my main book management software. I also have all my ebooks on my NAS device in ePUB (or other) format as a backup.

Why should I be worried about books being deleted from ereader? I would never have books only on this device.
You can update your Kindle manually, but some features will only be activated when you connect to wifi.

You should not worry, but if you're the type to keep hundreds or thousands of ebooks on your device (many members here do it), then having them all deleted and needing to reload can be very annoying.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote