View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 04:06 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
Thank you for your comments.

I've never had a Kindle or 6" e-reader, so it is hard for me to tell. I guess it is more of a personal preference. So many different opinions.
Yes, it's always a personal preference. The best way would be to see both devices with your own eyes; if that's not possible, to research both of them as thoroughly as you can before making a decision.

Kobo devices are more open, more customizable and have more options to adjust everything to your liking; they also work far better with Calibre than Kindles. But they tend to be a bit more buggier (that's not always so, of course, but often enough).

Kindles are usually more stable and have fewer bugs. They're a good option if you're already part of the Amazon ecosystem or if your needs are very simple. But they are pretty closed and have few options to customize your device, unless you jailbreak. They don't work as well with Calibre as Kobos and are a bit more unfriendly towards sideloading (it's still possible to sideload to a Kindle, but if you prefer to do this via USB, not by sending your books to Amazon servers, then it can be somewhat buggy - see the thread about Amazon deleting sideloaded books in the Kindle subforum).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote