View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 09:52 PM   #288
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This is a little awkward to confess after my last rant/review. But earlier this evening I gave my LC a good cleaning (with some glasses/screen cleaner.) It turns out there was some kind of film, I suspect from factory, that was subtle but affecting my perception of the screen quality.

The Kaleido pattern is still visible on the background, but not as iridescent and distracting. Side by side with the L2 and the same side loaded font, the text on the LC is every bit as clear and sharp and contrasty. (Depending on the ligthting conditions. The LC has much better contrast in very bright / sunlit area. But for indoors/evening, the LC is probably just as good. It's hard to compare directly because the LC has a much more neutral white tone wheras the LC is a more bluish grey, until conmfort light gives it a pink tinge.)

Edit: And no, by film I do not mean the screen protector you peel off.

Last edited by rashkae; 05-01-2024 at 10:18 PM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote