View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 07:13 PM   #17
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I figured that as well, the hard way. I was converting a scan into pdf, did ocr on it, then I converted it into kfx and opened it on Kindle. No ocr, no searchable text. Eventually I figured that the problem was Kindle Create. It simply discards ocr as it creates kfs. I didn't go with Send to Kindle, since I don't like it butchering the quality of my files, so I learned to live with sideloaded KFX files. I get covers. I need to open dictionary separately when needed. I can annotate things via scribes pen thingy, but exporting them is a hassle, though. Scribe simply converts note into .png and saves it next to the file, the problem is that user isn't given access to those folders when device is connected to pc. And adobe loves to make life a misery for people using sideloaded formats, so it refuses to export notes as well. Simplest way, but still a nuisance, is screenshotting the screen with note on it.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote