View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 08:29 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@KevinH - I had an interrupt, and hadn't posted this.

FTR: On Windows 10, BeckyEbook's border tweak doesn't appear in CodeView or Preview windows, in both Dark and Light modes, it appears everywhere else… I think.

My "IMO it should be a built-in preference in all Qt apps…" was meant to be read as "In an ideal world it should be a built-in preference in all Qt apps…".

So, I suggest - do nothing.

FWIW: I don't have a problem with using EnvVars

I stumbled into a Windows Ease of Access setting that I didn't know about - Text cursor indicator. It's useful sometimes.

It isn't being handled as it should be in Codeview. Because I can see the same behaviour in the calibre editor codeview window, there's no doubt it's a Qt issue. I've attached some relevant screen shots.

There's no problem with single line text boxes, but things go awry in multiline text boxes line. The indicators appear, but they're detached from the cursor, I'd rather they didn't appear at all… as is the case in Notepad++.

Kevin, Perhaps you could nudge Qt, maybe it's already been reported. I have reasonably convenient way to turn the indicators off/on.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 082845.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	207455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 084017.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	207456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-10 084410.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	207457  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-09-2024 at 08:39 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote