View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 09:03 AM   #1
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
eReaderiQ now requires an account to filter results?

This seems to have literally rolled out this morning while I was browsing the site, so I'm not sure if I'm in an A/B test or what.

I use a favorite bookmark of eReaderIQ to store the price range paramater as I browse the site (https://www.ereaderiq.com/watched?hp=600&lp=100), but when I pulled it up, none of the filters were applying. And when I checked the sidebar, they were all greyed out. That's when I noticed the little pop-up hint next to a question mark:

Quote:
You need to create a free account to use this filter. Click here to start. If you already have an account, click the [Sign In] button in the header.

So...that's new. And disappointing. I mean I do have an account, but the account is password-protected with a randomly-generated password and I don't necessarily sign in to every device where I might pull up this page.

I wonder what prompted the change. Are "anonymous" users not providing enough revenue for their advertisers anymore?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ereaderiq filters.png
Views:	65
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	207438  

Last edited by Cactus Chef; 04-09-2024 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Added attached screenshot.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote