View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 07:51 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, I typically use Sigil's epub3 tools to remove both the guide and the ncx as epub3's do *NOT* use them.

If, after all editing is done, I decide I want an epub3 that is backwards compatible with an old epub2 only e-reader, then I use the Sigil's epub3 tools to create them as they will then be properly synced with the final Nav.

Luckily the days of older epub2 only e-readers are fast coming to a close.

FWIW, I also run the Sigil epub3 tool to check and update all the OPF manifest properties once just before the final save especially if I add remote resources, javascript, or mathml.

Those are all tools that need to be run by the user only once just before running a final epubcheck and final save.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote