View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 05:58 PM   #1
dchapman
dchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the enddchapman knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Lenovo Slim 71 Pro x
Content Server issues

Good day.

I am new here. Please be gentle.

Calibre 7.7.0 on Windows 11 Insider Preview.

This issue also occurred in earlier versions of Calibre.

Last fall the content server was working pretty well. Not terribly reliable but when it worked it worked well. I could connect from the localhost via a browser, from the LAN and from outside.

However, since early December the content server has not worked. Localhost, LAN, WAN, nothing happens. Port number unchanged. I tried HTTP and HTTPS.

I often get the error message:

------ begin error
calibre, version 7.7.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ConnectionResetError</b>:[WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

calibre 7.7 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 3) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && Goodreads (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 5) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 9, 0) && From KFX (2, 9, 0) && KFX Input (2, 9, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 7, 0) && KFX Output (2, 7, 0) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10) && ePub Extended Metadata {Writer} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata {Reader} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata (0, 11, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\actions\device.py", line 243, in toggle_content_server
File "calibre\srv\embedded.py", line 145, in stop
File "calibre\srv\loop.py", line 758, in stop
File "calibre\srv\loop.py", line 688, in wakeup
File "calibre\srv\loop.py", line 682, in write_to_control
ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
------ end error

At this poiint I have always rebooted the computer as I am guessing this error is a Windows problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David Chapman
dchapman is offline   Reply With Quote