View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 03:30 PM   #69
KarlG
Enthusiast
KarlG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Now that you know how to tweak Sigil clips toolbars on your own you can have as many as you want.

We were discussing if Sigil master needs anymore than the 40 they have now or not. Typically making clips for very rarely used xhtml tags, and replicating existing h1-h6 tags icons may not be the most judicious use of clips.

By picking what clips to make wisely and following Pareto's 20% : 80% rule, most normal clip cases can be covered by the 40 existing clips icons available now, with rarer clips applied via the Clips Window..
Yes indeed, I can keep 40+40, because that's what I prefer, although it looks like I'll have to keep patching the source as, from the way the discussion is going now, it doesn't seem as if anyone wants to change the current setup.

I think saying that 'something isn't the most judicious use of clips' is purely subjective. Just because one could have 40 clips per toolbar, doesn't mean one should, but IMHO it's up to each individual user to decide what's 'judicious' and what's not.

Be nice if you would increase the number in HEAD, but if not then I suppose I'll just have either to live with constant patching or find out how one can keep a local copy in git updated with everything from HEAD but still keep local changes.
KarlG is offline   Reply With Quote