View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 10:53 AM   #36
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicfur View Post
I received the Verse Pro, very nice reader. He will be pleased. We figured if it keeps him reading then it's worth it. He's reading in low light often, so the backlight is good to have. I'm tempted to get one too now, but the Nook Simple Touch still work fine though even after 11 years.

So I had a chance to test your install, but it doesn't appear to work. When you talk about the Library dropdown, I take it you mean the one that lists All Books, Authors, etc, with final entry PockeBook Cloud? I don't get a "Network Libraries" appear in there.

I did check the contents of the created EnableOPDS_p2.pbi and it correctly contains the _scriptInstall, sinstall directory containing the device.cfg. Which correctly has the "have_opds=1" at the top. Installing EnableOPDS_p2.pbi correctly restarts and deletes the pbi files, so not sure why it has not worked.

Is there some other way I need to reboot? I tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds, but it just seems to power it down like normal.
Drat! I wonder why that hasn't worked for you?

Don't try and further reboots, the initial one should have done the trick if it had worked. Pressing and holding for a long time can trigger a factory reset which you don't want. You were looking at the right place for the drop-down menu.

I haven't got an unrooted device to test on, hopefully if there's more feedback we'll get more info.

To get it working quickly the jailbreak does work on the Verse Pro, so you could run that, run my installer, then run the jailbreak again to remove root. (you wouldn't need to run services.app)
If you're worried about warranty, it's anecdotal but my HD3 was repaired under warranty whilst jailbroken.
https://github.com/ezdiy/pbjb/releases/tag/v8

@nhedgehog - was your unrooted device previously rooted at any point?

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-04-2024 at 11:05 AM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote