View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 10:14 AM   #39
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconte View Post
Personally, I can't respect so much people who listen audiobooks It is like there is something they didn't undestandx. Reading it is not just the adquiring of information, it is the whole process of concentrating enough to read and understand the words, to dive into the scenes the book is creating, to catch how the author wrote every sentence in order to express everthing the way he/she wanted, etc To just listen to an audiobook is like joining the reading experience with consumism.

If someone wants to get distracted, he/she can go to watch series and lose their time, but it he/she wants to have a present moment, must catch a book.

That's all I wanted to say

I’ll be sure to let my blind friends know you can’t respect them. I’ll also be sure to tell my dyslexic sister too. 🤦🏾*♀️

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
In my experience, it takes MORE concentration and focus to listen to an audiobook than to read a paper book or ebook. The narrator doesn't pause for your brain to catch up and mull over or interpret something like you can do when reading.

So to those who can listen to an audiobook and pick up everything that goes past in real time, I tip my hat to you!
I totally agree with this. Also, accents can throw off my listening. Some accents I have to really concentrate on.

My dyslexic sister also has ADHD so her mind can scatter if she isn’t hyper focused on something. She sees interesting squirrels everywhere. Audiobooks are still easier for her even when they aren’t easy for her. Sometimes she has to read a paragraph with her eyes six times before she gets it because the letters scramble for her.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote