View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 09:30 AM   #67
Fritomaster
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EGegege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I agree that for reading generally I find 8″ eink best. I have or had: 4.7, 5, 6 (167 dpi & 300dpi), 6.8 (267 dpi?), 7, 7.8, 8, 9.7 (150 dpi & worst) and 10.3″. Only the 6.8″ is gone.

Despite 9.7″ and 10.3″ being too large and heavy for a novel I think I'd consider a larger colour eink, if the colour is 200 dpi as I'd only use it for magazines, web pages made into epub, comics/graphic novels.

Certainly from testing comics (like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles), the 8″ is a minimum on eink (300 dpi mono Sage) and they are far easier to read on a 10" LCD tablet due to the colour. The very limited palette of Kaliedo also looks like it works for comics etc, but not "Art" or "Photo" quality illustrated books or website capture.
Reminds me I have a few D&D type guide books I could try. I have a 11inch oled tablet that weighs 670g. So it's one of those "why though" use cases for the ereader. Will see though.

I think 9/10inch would be great for detailed comics because the darker look of the color/screens the image isn't as contrasted and thus harder to see. 8 inch is perfectly fine for most. I will say crazy line art stuff like mcfarlane you gotta turn up the brightness to get the contrast.

The biggest issue with that size for me is you need two hands and it's not great for reading in bed.

I do wish the PB had the fat bezel on the side tho. I think that is a way better form factor.
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote