View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 06:50 AM   #37
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Possible bug: Incorrect ISBNs prevent metadata download.

Steps to replicate.

1. Set metadata providers to only Kobo Metadata.

2. Set country to Canada. (May not be necessary.)

3. Add this book:

Title: Halo: Contact Harvest
Author: Joseph Staten
ID: kobo:halo-contact-harvest-8

4. Attempt to download metadata. It should fetch it.

5. Now add isbn:9784878920110 to the IDs field. (Note: This is actually an ISBN for a completely different book; a character has a military service number '48789-20114' which coincidentally is a valid ISBN-10. ISBN Extract picked it up and my metadata processing converted it to the 13 form.)

6. Now the metadata fails to download.

The Kobo Books plugin downloads the metadata with an incorrect ISBN.
This is intended behaviour. The Kobo id tag comes from the previous plugin but I'm using the ISBN to id the books instead. Tbh I have noticed a small number of edge cases where this doesn't work completely correctly (Kobo having the wrong isbn or two books with the same isbn), but this seems fairly rare.

I actually ran into a very similar issue with the ISBN extractor plugin. One of the series I was trying to tag had every single ISBN from the series in the copyright section for some reason so every book in that series got the exact same ISBN. I suggest you let this plugin write the ISBN id for you instead.
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote