View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #41
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Small bug: The default Calibre action "Show Marked Books" often fails, and then the edit chain dialog shows a "plugin not found" error. (I also use "mark" earlier in the same chain.)

I thought it might've been due to the menu item changing the number (I was working with small batches, then clearing after each one), but it doesn't affect Reading List's "View List" after adding/removing books.
I need to see the error to investigate whether this failure is related to the plugin or not. I am might not be able to do anything about this.

On a side note, the next release of this plugin already has the marked field added to the single field edit. It allows for multiple values, so you can use it many times during the chain lifetime with different text values.

Problem is, if you run the chain multiple times, you will have leftover marks from the previous run. My plan was to recommend using calibre's clear all marked books at the start of every chain that might use marks, but if that is causing troubles as you are reporting, I will need an alternative solution.

Last edited by capink; 11-26-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typos
capink is offline   Reply With Quote