View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@rcentros: There's no longer a notion of "steps" involved since they moved to full images for update packages (a lot of years ago? ).
I guess because I mostly use old Kindles I'd forgotten about this. I think now I remember reading something about that. (Getting old.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The only potential left for issues is if there's a bug in their database migration code in some weird edge cases. Which should be pretty moot for an OOB Kindle, since it's mostly empty, so there's nothing much to update in the content db .

(I'm speaking of "update-induced" issues here. Not random, generic FW bugs).
Okay, thanks. Since I haven't really used the Paperwhite yet, I think I'll just jump straight up to 5.12.1 now. Then I won't know what changed and won't have a reason to whine about it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote