View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #12
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I do know that the epub specs allow reading systems to ignore any and all metadata links (even ones internal to the epub). With that kind of "permission," it's not likely that any commercial epub rendering engines will be very quick to utilize them.
Sure. Every time the specs permit something not to be implemented, Reading Systems will not have the trouble. See the epub:type feature... Its only implementation is for pop-up footnotes.

Quote:
Just mentioning it; not making a judgement.

I just like to follow the specs, in the hope of future implementation and adoption. Is just like acessibility features: I'll do my best to use correct markup and follow both epub and aria guidelines; but I know much of it is still not used by the mainstream Reading Systems and even screen readers. Well, if they do not implement the specs, there's nothing I can do about it, but I'll keep doing my part.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that Sigil's EPUB3 support has not been extended to 3.01 or 3.1 (let alone 3.2). The spec is too volatile to even attempt to keep up.
I know. Also, the recomendation now its not to use or implement 3.1, but jump directly to 3.2 (when finished). So, like you said: very volatile.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 11-11-2018 at 10:47 AM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote